we are not using the b-word
blog, n. "prose that is wholly devalued by its medium"
I almost never play “Don’t Stop Believin’” in the park. For me, the song will always be about the playoff chase in 2004, and the fact that college kids play it every night to close down the bars drives me gently up the wall. I’ve played the song only twice: once a snippet in the [...]
In the last few months I’ve been slowly returning to my love of theater.
For those who don’t know, before working at Fenway I honed my Playing Music In Between Things skills at Improv Asylum for four years after working through their training center program. In the process I was involved with [...]
Obviously there was no special cocktail list, and I didn’t really promote [...]
Tonight marks the first real snowstorm of 2012, or at least the first one this winter.
Everybody reacts to the first snow in their own particular way. For some folks it’s just pure hassle cascading from the heavens and others find it a great excuse to hole up in a nearby bar and get [...]
Last Monday night, Cambridge’s own Brick & Mortar celebrated their first anniversary with a special edition of Spin The Bottle. Five DJs spun an hour each from 8pm on. I was honored to be asked to close out the evening by playing the midnight set.
I arrived from an [...]
In this holiday season, I have located the perfect gift for the leisure-minded protagonist on the go.
Whether your travel inspiration is Arthur Dent or The Dude, this is clearly the perfect garment. The robe features external pockets sized for an iPad, an [...]
“Booboo, there are two ways to lower a flag to half-mast.
Are you listening? Because no shit I really have to sleep here in a second. So listen – one way to lower the flag to half mast is just to lower the flag.
There’s another way though. You can also just [...]
I got an email some number of weeks ago, along with no doubt several thousand others, that Louis CK was super excited about this standup set he had just seen Tig Notaro do. At the time I was pretty well slammed, and while I can’t recall the exact circumstances I remember reading the email on [...]
You may already be familiar with The Thing, a party ABV threw a couple weeks ago at the kickoff of the Boston Cocktail Summit. In sorting through photos late one night in the West Coast offices of Lush Life Productions, I found that we had fully fourteen photos of our friend
- for serious: one of our PA announcers is going bionic; fascinating tech, best of luck @boblobel bostonherald.com/news_opinion/l… // via @pgammo 17 minutes ago
- RT @chunkowoods: Boston marathoners finish last mile. #onerun #bostonstrong instagram.com/p/ZvSIKeJvaU/ 30 minutes ago
- RT @lukeoneil47: Haven't seen The Shins in years. Anyone know if they definitely just play all of Oh Inverted World and half of Chutes Too … 31 minutes ago
- somehow i missed that #onerun is happening, and now i'm just grinning ear to ear; way to be, everybody #bostonstrong 34 minutes ago
- RT @TheMikeTimlin: Even though he is managing the other team it is still great to see Tito back at Fenway. #classact #alwayshave04 12 hours ago
- thank you! stay dry! | RT @lmennies: Hey @senatorjohn, enjoying the jams tonight at #fenway 13 hours ago