we are not using the b-word
blog, n. "prose that is wholly devalued by its medium"
Last offseason I had a regular residency one Thursday night a month at Trina’s Starlite Lounge in Inman Square. The idea was to play ‘eclectica’, which is my favorite “genre” to spin. Mostly I played a lot of artpop, hiphop, and obscurities from film soundtracks of the 80′s and 90′s with a healthy dose of songs WFNX played for two weeks twenty years ago.
As the winter went on, it became clear that the greatest fans of this evening were the bar staff, Thomas and Josh. Repeatedly I would pull something from my library and Josh would walk over demanding to know “how I had this” or singing along and unable to remember the original artist.
Thursday July 12, the residency makes a rare in-season appearance at Trina’s Starlite Lounge. I’ll spin Songs Josh Childs Likes all night with maybe a little dance party in the last hour if that’s the mood of the room. Bring your belly, your ears, your Soundhound, and your Shazam. We’ll fill the former and likely stump the latter pair.
- RT @coslive: Watch The Jesus and Mary Chain perform "Just Like Honey" w/ My Bloody Valentine’s Bilinda Butcher at @Primavera_Sound http://t… 1 hour ago
- RT @ESKDboston: Like a little kid: we're psyched for our 8th Birthday tomorrow!!!! @thedanisigel's coming home and so many other ES alum. 1 hour ago
- thanks! love that sound in the park #soxmusic | RT @LisaJohnson: @senatorjohn nice choice with Squeeze :) 1 hour ago
- pregame #soxmusic: @CultsCultsCults "Go Outside"; @TheShins "Phantom Limb"; Looking Glass "Brandy, You're A Fine Girl" #bostoncalling #rain 2 hours ago
- unsurprisingly, i was just thinking on this | MT @Boston_Calling: Survey time: what #bostoncalling artists have rain/wet/water themed songs? 3 hours ago
- RT @craftbutcher: We're hiring. Forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org 3 hours ago